CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Tips And Techniques To Improve Your Memory
Like muscular power, our ability to recall increases when we exercise and enhance it with a good dietary plan and other natural healthy practices. There are some techniques you can do to enhance your memory and the ability of the brain to retrieve information. However, it is also important to understand how our memory works.
Memory is a special function of our brain in order to recall information that we have learned or observed. This simple meaning is ironic since it covers sophisticated process that incorporates different parts of the brain and serves in rigorous ways.
Our memory can be long term or short term. In a short-term memory, your mind stores data for a short period of time about a few minutes. This kind of memory is delicate and it is just natural. Your brain will soon discard it. It is estimated that the brain can only hold at least seven short-term memories, that’s why you can usually recall your call number but you need your credit card when you are purchasing something online.
Long term memory, on the other hand, involves data that you should make an effort in order to retain it in your mind. You need to hold information for a long-term because they are important such as personal information, family details, and even data you need while working. Some data that you store in a long-term memory needs an effort for you to retain.
The brain is very important in facilitating memory recall. Certain parts of the brain are responsible in retention of memory. Among these parts are:
1. Hippocampus – a structure situated deep inside the brain that plays the most important role in processing information as memory.
2. Amygdala – this is a part of the brain that is almond-shaped near the hippocampus that processes emotion and aids in the permanent imprinting of memories that includes emotion. They say that life without the amygdala would be sensless.
3. Cerebral cortex – this is the outer layer of the brain that stores most long-term memory in several zones, based on what kind of recalling the data involved such as language, sensory input, problem-solving skills etc.
Our memory can also involve communication among the brain’s complicated network of sensory neurons and brains activated by neurotransmitters.
There are numerous ways of improving you memory such as:
1. Practice – with regular mind practice, your memory can be improved. Such exercises include reading, solving puzzles, games and doing logic.
2. Mnemonics – by employing special techniques such as mnemonics, you can easily learn information without making an extra effort to learn the entire material; most of the mnemonics are very funny such as acronyms and rhymes. For example, in memorizing the colors of the rainbow in proper order, most people can use the mnemonic ROY G. BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet)
3. Roman Room System – this technique is usually employed in learning a new foreign language. You can easily learn words while visiting a town with common things that you can see. You can learn new nouns if you can visit the town square and try to be familiarized with the counterpart of common names.
Exercising and stimulating your brain is the best way to keep it healthy and keep your memory sharp. By remembering these tips and applying it, you can be sure that you will be able to improve your memory.
Selected ArticlesSteps To Improve Your Memory
Improve Your Memory And Learn A Foreign Language
Learn The Stages Of Cognition To Improve Your Memory
Use The Roman Room System To Improve Your Memory
Avoid Confusion To Improve Memory
Techniques Used To Improve Your Memory
Practice To Improve Your Memory
Use Mnemonics To Improve Your Memory
How Can You Improve Your Memory
Improve Your Memory And Remember Lists And Long Numbers
Use Peg Words To Improve Your Memory
How Our Brain Can Improve Your Memory?
Tips And Techniques To Improve Your Memory
How To Improve Memory And Remember Peoples’ Name
Simple Things You Can Do To Improve Your Memory
How To Use The Number System To Improve Your Memory
Memory Games To Improve Your Memory
How To Improve Memory And Ace An Exam
Improve Your Memory Through Association
Use Association Techniques To Improve Memory
How Can You Improve Memory?
Tips To Improve Your Memory
How To Improve Memory And Recall Lists
Healthy Habits To Improve Memory